Rippe & Kingston worked with Purple Trout to migrate their domain and setup all of their employees on Google Apps. Part of the process included:
- Dual delivery of email during set up process
- Bulk provisioning of existing accounts
- Email and Contacts migration for existing users
- IMAP-based email migration for existing users
- POP3 activation and forwarding-configuration so that a sub-set of users can continue to access mail the same way they are accustomed to
- Creation of Nickname accounts
The approach to implementing Google Apps at Purple Trout resulted in a lower than expected impact on its employees during the migration process. Rippe & Kingston established dual delivery for all email accounts so that email was delivered to current accounts as well as the new Google accounts. In addition, Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook was used as a safety net since all users were using Outlook. The transition was pain free and everyone has decided independently to use the Google web interface instead of Outlook.
The Google Apps solution implemented by Rippe & Kingston will help Purple Trout save money, but that was not the driving force. "Google is clearly a far superior method of communicating, scheduling and collaborating with my employees and clients" said Steve Phillips, President of Purple Trout. He went on to say, "After one week all of my employees have turned off Microsoft Outlook even though Rippe & Kingston enabled us to continue to use it with Google should we desire. We are focused on client satisfaction and are pleased to say that Google and Rippe & Kingston share the same passion." You can truly say "Purple Trout is Hooked on Google Apps".